There is something that really needs to be said about personal, spiritual, and energetic boundaries. We as humans are entering a time of massive changes and growth. With this, it’s basically ‘out with the old and in with the new’! How can we allow new opportunities, experiences, and things come into our lives when we have old junk crowding our space? Junk can mean physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual stuff that we no longer need and or continues to hinder our growth. Let’s say you are moving into a new house and it’s bigger and more spacious than your old one. You still have personal belongings that are either old, dusty, falling apart, or just plain don’t fit or belong anywhere in the house. As hard as it may be, at one point or another your gut (or intuition) might tell you its time to let these things go.
Anyway, getting past my jibber jabber, here’s the point: Negativity in any way, shape, or form CAN and WILL hold you back if you let it do so. That can include anything like: News, Media, Politics, Gossip, Dramatics, People, Places, Unhealthy Substances, etc. Giving time, energy, and attention to certain people, places, and things can simultaneously leave you feeling angry, depressed, drained, and even unmotivated (and might possibly lead you on a path and or develop habits that are not so healthy).
Personally, due to some of the yucky things that are floating around the world and universe has pushed me to make some much needed and healthy changes. These are some of the changes I have made within the past few years and have REALLY helped me:
1. I do not watch TV at all, period.
2. I do not watch, read, or get involved with the news. I used to watch the news with my family, and it just made me so angry and depressed because of all the ‘bad news’ that was on.
3. I am no longer involved with Politics. I have gotten some nasty attacks because of the fact I have chosen not to vote, watch the news/debates, or get involved. Honestly, I really did used to be involved with the Politics. However, over time I basically watched my emotional health (and physical health) diminish as I ranted, raved, and argued about Politics over the internet, at school, with my family, etc. I could no longer take it and removed myself from it to heal and grow.
4. I steer away from negative people, situations, and places as much as physically possible. There are places like work and school where sometimes there might be a bit difficult to avoid some situations/individuals. When I am faced with uncomfortable situations, what I follow these guidelines: Stay Positive, Be Yourself, Be Assertive and Maintain Boundaries, Don’t Let Others Bring You Down, and if needed be Walk Away.
5. I do my best to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I am always working on ways to be physically, mentally, emotionally, spirituality balanced, and to overall be happy. So, I do what makes me happy.
Every lifestyle really differs in many unique, intricate, and marvelous ways. However, without things that are ‘excess’ or ‘weigh you down’, you might find that your journey in life might ‘feel’ a bit smoother than it was before. Only you can find that true balance. My hope is that regardless of who you are, I really hope that you are happy. =)
(All credit belongs to the original owner(s) of featured media)